- Recipient of the U.S.I.T.T. coveted “Life-Time Achievement Award” for pioneering makeup techniques, inventing makeup schools, makeup products, MUATV, and for 55 years as a professional film and television makeup artist in Hollywood.
- National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians
(N.A.B.E.T.) AFL-CIO, CLC, Local #53 and #57, Hollywood, CA
- I.A.T.S.E., AFL-CIO Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Union
Local #706, Hollywood, CA
- Better Business Bureau, Los Angeles, CA
- Chamber of Commerce, Hollywood, CA
- Metropolitan Business Association (M.B.A.). Orlando, FL
- Florida Motion Picture and Television Association (F.M.P.T.A)
- The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films
- The Beauty and Barber Supply Institute (B.B.S.I.)
- Licensed Cosmetician, State of California
- Cosmetics Compounders Association (CCA)
- AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association)
- R.D.B. Cosmetics Laboratories (Partner)
- PETA (People for ther Ethical Treatment of Animals)
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Business
- President of American Universal Studios (Film Production)
Professional Make-up artist for the NBC and ABC television affiliates in Pittsburgh, PA. (1963-1965) Traveling representative and Make-up artist for the Max Factor Company. Make-up artist and laboratory apprentice with Ben Nye, Sr., Los Angeles, CA. Studied with Mr. George Bau at Warner Brothers Studios. Studied television Make-up techniques with Mr. Rudy Horvatich (Head of Make-up, ABC-TV). Studied highlight and shading techniques with Mr. Kiva Hoffman. Studied the film and television lighting techniques of Mr. George Dibie at ABC-TV, Los Angeles. Studied Horror and Monster Make-up with Mr. Harry Thomas. Worked under the direction of Mr. Bud Sweeny, Mr. Lou Philippi, Mr. Charles Nash, Mr.Verne Langdon, and Mr. Lee Greenway (CBS-TV, Television City, Los Angeles, CA). Professional Make-up Artist for ABC-TV, CBS-TV, and NBC-TV, Hollywood, CA. Professional Make-up Artist for Humana Hospital Burn Centers. Radio show host: The Joe Blasco Show, 98.7 KIEV Radio Hollywood, CA. Directed and hosted the Orlando Science Center permanent guest introduction video on Make-up manufacturing, Make-up application, and Make-up history. This video is shown daily to the hundreds of patrons interested in learning more about the exciting field of Make-up artistry. The Joe Blasco Make-up display and video is located in the Tech Works Section of the Science Center.
Mr. Blasco travels the world as a guest lecturer and consultant on the art of natural beauty Make-up and special Make-up effects for film, television, and live theater. He has appeared on many talk shows and has been interviewed by news and entertainment reporters for all three major networks and for numerous local and regional television shows throughout the USA and abroad.